Reckless driving in Virginia is a class 1 misdemeanor. How serious is a class 1 misdemeanor in Virginia. It is serious enough that it can land you in jail. Are you really going to jail for a reckless driving ticket in Virginia. The honest answer is that in most instances, no. But it is a possibility if you are not careful. Talk to a reckless driving lawyer in Virginia.
The SRIS Law Group defends clients charged with reckless driving regularly before the different traffic courts in Virginia.
Two of most regularly charged reckless driving offenses in Virginia are reckless driving by speed and reckless driving general.
Please seriously consider calling our firm if you have been charged with reckless driving in Virginia.
We have client meeting locations in Fairfax, Prince William, Richmond, Loudoun & Fredericksburg.
Child Custody Lawyers Virginia
Virginia 46.2-862 Reckless Driving Statute
§ 46.2-862. Exceeding speed limit.
A person shall be guilty of reckless driving who drives a motor vehicle on the highways in the Commonwealth (i) at a speed of twenty miles per hour or more in excess of the applicable maximum speed limit or (ii) in excess of eighty miles per hour regardless of the applicable maximum speed limit.
Virginia 46.2-852 Reckless Driving Statute
§ 46.2-852. Reckless driving; general rule.
Irrespective of the maximum speeds permitted by law, any person who drives a vehicle on any highway recklessly or at a speed or in a manner so as to endanger the life, limb, or property of any person shall be guilty of reckless driving.
Virginia 46.2-865 Reckless Driving Statute
46.2-865. Racing; penalty.
Any person who engages in a race between two or more motor vehicles on the highways in the Commonwealth or on any driveway or premises of a church, school, recreational facility, or business property open to the public in the Commonwealth shall be guilty of reckless driving, unless authorized by the owner of the property or his agent. When any person is convicted of reckless driving under this section, in addition to any other penalties provided by law the driver’s license of such person shall be suspended by the court for a period of not less than six months nor more than two years. In case of conviction the court shall order the surrender of the license to the court where it shall be disposed of in accordance with the provisions of § 46.2-398.
Most people are shocked that if you do donuts in a parking lot, you can be charged with reckless driving in Virginia. If you spin your tires, you can be charged with reckless driving in Virginia. Keep in mind that in Virginia, reckless driving is not a traffic offense. It is a criminal offense. Virginia has some of the strictest driving laws in the entire country. Be very careful about violating the different Virginia driving laws.
Talk to an experienced reckless driving lawyer who has gone before the different county traffic courts and knows how the different county traffic courts rule on reckless driving offenses.
Our Virginia traffic lawyers can and will do their best to help you. We are a simple phone call away.
As an added bonus, the following is a federal statute you might find relevant.
(h) Suspension of certification.
(1) When OPM determines that an agency’s certified appraisal system is no longer in compliance with certification criteria, OPM, with OMB concurrence, may suspend such certification, as provided in paragraph (c)(3) of this section.
(2) An agency’s system certification is automatically suspended when OPM withdraws performance appraisal system approval or mandates corrective action because of misapplication of the system as authorized under §§430.210(c), 430.312(c), and 1330.403(e).
(3) OPM will notify the head of the agency at least 30 calendar days in advance of the suspension and the reason(s) for the suspension, as well as any expected corrective action. Upon such notice, and until its system certification is reinstated, the agency must set a senior executive’s rate of basic pay under 5 CFR part 534, subpart D, when effective, at a rate that does not exceed the rate for level III of the Executive Schedule. While certification is suspended, an agency must limit aggregate compensation received in a calendar year by a senior employee to the rate for level I of the Executive Schedule. Pay adjustments, cash awards, and levels of pay in effect prior to that notice will remain in effect unless OPM finds that any such decision and subsequent action was in violation of law, rule, or regulation.
(4) OPM, with OMB concurrence, may reinstate an agency’s suspended certification only after the agency has taken appropriate corrective action.
(5) OPM may reinstate the certification of an appraisal system that has been automatically suspended under paragraph (h)(2) of this section upon the agency’s compliance with the applicable OPM-mandated corrective action(s).
This Board shall be known as the International Organizations Employees Loyalty Board, and any reference to the Board in this part shall mean such International Organizations Employees Loyalty Board.
(a) The Chairman. The chairman shall perform all the duties usually pertaining to the office of chairman, including presiding at Board meetings, supervising the administrative work of the Board, and conducting its correspondence. He shall be authorized to call special meetings of the Board, when in his judgment, such meetings are necessary and shall call such meetings at the written request of three members of the Board. The time and place of such meetings shall be fixed by the chairman. The chairman shall constitute such panels of the Board as may be necessary or desirable to render advisory determinations and to conduct hearings, and he is authorized to appoint such committees as from time to time may be required to handle the work of the Board. The chairman may request the vice-chairman to assume the duties of the chairman in the event of the absence of the chairman or his inability to act.
(b) The Vice-Chairman. The duties of the vice-chairman, when acting in the place of the chairman, shall be the same as the duties of the chairman.
(c) The Executive-Secretary. The executive-secretary shall perform all of the duties customarily performed by an executive-secretary. He shall have immediate charge of the administrative duties of the Board under the direction of the chairman and shall have general responsibility for advising and assisting the Board members and exercising executive direction over the staff.
Our law firm assist clients in VA MD MA.
When a client is faced with a serious legal issue in Virginia, Maryland or Massachusetts, then they should serious consider calling the SRIS Law Group.
Our attorneys assist clients with the following types of legal issues:
We have client meeting locations in Virginia, Maryland & Massachusetts.
Child Custody Lawyers Virginia
Our Fairfax County Criminal Lawyer attorneys and staff speak following languages Tamil, Hindi, Telugu, Mandarin and Spanish.
Due to our experience in defending clients charged with the above types of legal issues, we routinely appear before the courts in Virginia, Maryland & Massachusetts.
Our attorneys are also licensed to appear in the federal district courts of Virginia, Maryland & Massachusetts.
If you need help with certain types of federal cases, please feel free to call us and discuss your legal issue with us.