A daycare teacher was recently in headlines for being charged with sexual battery and committing indecent liberty with minors. The Virginia police arrested the 64 years old teacher for committing aggravated sexual battery at a home daycare center. Sex crimes are dealt very harshly in Alexandria Virginia as they are categorized as a serious criminal offense.
As Alexandria Virginia court deals the sexual offenses with minor very sensitively, the prosecutor here is more aggressive with the accused person. The prosecutors make sure that a guilty person is placed behind the bars for their horrendous crime. The court even registers the child abuser as a sex offender in their registry which has a huge negative impact on the child abuser in a longer run.
What are the Alexandria Virginia Laws regarding Indecent liberties of a minor?
As per the Virginia law code section 18.2 – 370, indecent liberties with children are described as:
- Any adult above the age of 18 years, who intentionally commits any of the below-listed acts with a minor who is below the age of 15 years, will be penalized with Class 5 felony charges:
- When the offender exposes his or her own intimate parts/genitals to any minor who is not a legal spouse of the offender. This even includes the act of asking the minor to expose his or her own genitals to the offender
- When the offender tries to sexually arouse the minor by asking him or her to feel his or her own genitals. This even includes the act of fondling the genitals of the minors.
- Asking the minor to participate in any of the following activities that are prohibited by the law, under the section 18.2 – 361, such as:
- Sexual intercourse
- Anal intercourse
- Alluring or persuading the minor to enter the residence, vehicle, private room, empty house or any such lonely place with an intention of carrying our sexual abuse.
- Any adult individual who is above the age bracket of 18, intentionally gets any form of remuneration such as money, property or gifts, for alluring or enticing any minor of less than 18 years old for any kind of sexual assault
- Individuals who intentionally participates and encourages such acts along with the assaulters are even penalized with Class 5 felony charges.
Furthermore the law states:
- “Any person who is convicted of a second or subsequent violation of this section is guilty of a Class 4 felony, provided that:
- The offenses were not part of a common act, transaction or scheme;
- The accused was at liberty as defined in § 53.1-151 between each conviction; and
- It is admitted, or found by the jury or judge before whom the person is tried, that the accused was previously convicted of a violation of this section.”
- Any parent, step-parent, grandparent, or step-grandparent who commits a violation of either this section or clause (v) or (vi) of subsection A of § 18.2-370.1
- Upon his child, step-child, grandchild, or step-grandchild who is at least 15 but less than 18 years of age is guilty of a Class 5 felony
- Upon his child, step-child, grandchild, or step-grandchild less than 15 years of age is guilty of a Class 4 felony.”